Sunday 23 March 2008

Saturday - Nothing happened according to Plan

However everything happened for a reason :-)

Hi There You'all (JM you pull it off better)

I starting off my day by finding a laundry service, and alterations place ( I figure my time is precious why waste it doing laundry) I then caught a bus in search of somewhere to buy a pair of black comfy joggers . . . . this bus I got on ended up in the centre of Harlem, i was hoping to just sit on it and ride it back the other way BUT nope I had to get off and wait for another bus the driver was very nice though and droped me at the stop and told me to stay there until the number 7 came.

That bus took me right into Union Square where the last stop was right outside a huge shoe store with lots of joggers woooohooooo. The bus also went through Times Square so I got to see that at a glimps but not up close. . . . .

I walked back from Union Square to my accomodation which must be considered far causae everyone looked at me like i was crazy. On the walk though I went past the Public Library and got in before the cue :-) i saw Carnegi hall, the Rockefella centre.

It was finally time to have something to eat for the day at 2.30pm!! I went to an irish pub/restuarant and got a burger and chatted to the lady next to me who was also dining on her own and she was very helpful in letting me know how to get to Brooklyn and staton island ferry, plus other things.

I went back to my room to freshen up and caught the subway to Brooklyn . . . . low and behold I had got the wrong one and was no where near the side that I needed, so I got off and caught the one back into town . . . which went to times square where you can catch a shuttle to Grand Central Station!!

So as you can see nothing went according to plan, but it all worked out for the best as I was able to see so many things that were on my list of to do's. . .

If you are wondering I did get the right subway out to Brooklyn and got to the pub that I was after . . . chatted to some very nice people and went to a club with them. . . . . then got the subway home at 1.30ish in the morning, managed to do it right and just wallked 3 blocks home. You wouldn't believe how many people there were getting on one of them that i had to wow (really i am just a country girl in the big city).

Today's "plans" are to watch the Easter Parade, then someone told me about a good church service in New Jersey so I might check that out . . . then touristy stuff all day today, I have done all the shopping i needed to do . . . *Mum I managed to find a big enough handbag at Gap*

THanks for all the comments and Easter msg's.

Love to you all
Cara

PS. I know many of you are concerned with my shopping however I am going to leave my winter stuff in a locker at JFK when i go to the warmer countries then I have a car for a few days, I will pay for excess bagage i kind of always figured that i would be coming home. xo

1 comment:

Tate said...

How cold is it? I hope you're taking lots of photos. Take care Tate