Monday 24 March 2008

Easter Sunday . . . Ahhhh too many people!!

G'day

On my walk to the Subway to start my day today I noticed a thing that does time and temp and in degrees c, Just to let you all know it was a toasty 2 degree's with a max of 8 today!!! You could really feel it was a bit chilly . . . my hands were frozen even with my gloves on.

That said I had another fun, jam packed day today which involved a lot of people and lining up for things . . .which as most of you know is not my strong point hehehe

Okay I am trying to remember what I did actually see and do today . . . . hmmmmm oh thats right okay. . .
I caught the Staten Island Ferry and took many pics of the statue of Liberty, got back to the mainland and walked around Battery Park and saw more squirells i love them they are so cute.
From there I just followed the masses that seemed to be doing the same walk as me, next stop was wall street, Trinity Church . . . then the next part was a bit sadder, I went to the Twin tower site, I chose not to do a tour or anything like that I found it all a bit overwhelming. I then stoped in at St Pauls church which was the one around the corner from the site . . . . where people were leaving memmorial bits and it also had the volunteers station so food, cots, massages, counsellors ect . . inside now they have very moving pictures and things set up about it all, i did shed a tear or two and actually had to walk out with out seeing it all.
From there on to City Hall which was a bit of a disapointment as you can't get very close to it or anything, so I snaped some pics and moved on . . .Brooklyn bridge is right there with heaps of people walking over but I needed water and hadn't eaten yet.
Had lunch at Ruby Tuesday, then onto the lines and waiting of the Empire State building . . . I swear it is set up as some kind of test of patience as you go through one line . . . there is another around the corner, and it doesn't stop when you have gone up cause then there are lines to come down hehehe aaahhhhh I did enjoy the view though and took many pics which I might try uploading maybe tomorrow.

I finally made it to have a proper look at Times Square which was just a meca (maybe right word) of people, lights, cars and I enjoyed it ...the M&M store was my fav, 3 levels of m&m merchandise plus m&m's . . . HEY it is Easter Sunday!!!!
I got a ticket to Legally Blonde the Musical at a main Theatre on Broadway . . . I opted for that as I love the movie and thought it would be a bit of fun. . . . and it was I have just got home from seeing that :-)

Tomorrow is my last full day in NY, I have got some shopping to do to take to DR for the party . . . . . but I think I will walk the Brooklyn bridge and atleast try and get to ONE musium . . . .

I haven't got to do all the stuff that perhaps I would have liked to however I don't feel disapointed, i think i have jammed quiet a bit in . . . and next time I come back I will know my way around a bit more which will make it easier.

I will finish up now so that I can have a quick look at emails then shower and off to bed . . .my late night has caught up with me.

Love to All
Cara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Cara, just checking out your blog page. Got worried when you got stuck in Harlem! Happy that you saw a show on Broadway. Must have been Fab. Think warm thoughts you'll be in warmer clims soon. Love Al