Wednesday 26 March 2008

On the air again (similar to on the road again) ARRIVED SAFE

Hola (not sure if thats spelt right) (someone not mentioning names commented on my bad spelling)

I have arrived in the Dominican Republic!!

JFK was a mad house, I got there really early on my shuttle though after having to get up at 4.30am . . . . the plane ride was pretty good, Everyone had way to much carry on luggage which caused many fights and much fussing around . . . also the girl on the seat next to me was a bit horozontally challenged and took up some of my chair as well. . . which made for a rather squishy flight!
I got into Santo Domingo airport, and they wanted $10US for the tourist card however after explaining I had no cash and did they take visa . . i was told to move on to the passport area and they just stamped it and let me through . . so not sure what thats about but HEY i made it in hehehe

Anelys had been told that my flight was going to a be a further 10min so, we actually met outside and piled into the car with her husband and 3 girls plus of course my very overweight suitcase and the smaller one that I picked up yesterday. . . .as I checked in the girl warned me that it was very over weight but said she would let it through free of charge this time phew!!

This afternoon we hit the shops for some food, I am gaining a new respect for woman or even families that go shopping with multipul small children . . . I am enjoying it though, its been a long time since I was around children. Of course though the main difficulty is that I have no idea what Gaby the eldest or even Mia are saying hehehe Gaby has spoken some english to me as she speaks both . .but still of course its natural for her to speak spanish.
Ordering McDonalds was also an experience . . . . the girl tried to read the order back to me after Anyles had left and i had to call her back over hehehehe
I had to pack the grochery shopping myself as the boy who was supposed to do it was on break or something . . . . its been awhile since having to pack a weeks shopping myself.

I can't comment on the Country yet as I haven't seen enough or experianced enough yet so you will have to wait.

So I think thats it for today, my mobile/cell phone doesn't work over here so emails it will be . . .I will try and suss out a phone card tomorrow.

Tomorrow I will be attempting to drive . . . .now imagine malaysia traffic or something semi similar to Bali but of course driving on the wrong side of the car and the wrong side of the road and that will be me . . . . . so fingers crossed for us all!!!

Its 9.48pm here and I need a shower and bed I think . . . deff a shower . . .I finished my book on the plane and don't have another one so i might read my Cuba guide and get prepared.

I am pleased to anounce that my luggage load has decreased as many parcels and things were only coming as far as here wooohooooo *my cupcake stand made it as well all in one pc*

Hoping work wasn't too hard for you guys after the Easter break.

Love to All
Cara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

hiya, glad you're having a lovely time and that your luggage crisis
has eased! Easter was lovely, just
not much fun coming back to the real world. Hope you're enjoying some nice warm weather (it still is here, 30 today)and all the very best for driving. Warm that horn up!
A x