Friday 21 March 2008

New York New York Good Friday

I AM HERE!

After a very long long long long flight I arrived in New York!!!

As I type this I am feeling tired after getting just 4.5hrs sleep last night, however I am going to maybe hit the pool and swim some laps which should wake me up a bit. I guess thats one of the perks at staying at a YMCA, there is a gym and pool that we can use.
My room is pretty basic and so small . . . after waking up freezing my little butt off I think i semi worked out how to switch on the radiator, however I will ask down at reception later how to work it properly . . . hey now before you go shaking your heads at me REMEMBER jetlag, lack of sleep and there's two things you can play around with to make it go and I am not sure what does what hehehe

So the plan for today I think is just to start exploring, I want to get some boots and a handbag . . . but other then that I am just going to see where the day takes me which is actually a really nice thought to be honest. I have picked up some brochures for a couple of card things which get you entry into things and I might go out and get one that way I think I can just hope on and off busses and into the things I want to see.

For those of you that know anything about NY I am staying in the Upper West Side so i descovered this morning . . . . in my guide book it lists a lot of things that I wanted to see such as Carnegi (spelling) hall, the museum of natural history, ummmm other stuff too.

After my swim though I think the first thing I need to do is EAT I am so hungry and no more airline food for atleast a week . . .okay 5 days. I won't be eating red meat though today as its Good Friday so . . . Pancakes for breakfast. YUM

Okay time to ring my Ma and Pa and let them know I am alive and kicking . . . . plus find out how Dad and Kurt are doing in the Tennis Tournament.

Might log on later to let you know how the day was :-)

Love Cara

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Im so happy that you are fine and that we finally have the SAME TIME!!! I bet you are REALLY tired, mostly because you are living 12 hours all over again!! So, March 20th had 36 hours for you, instead of 12!!

Now, you go ahead and have some fun!! I cant wait to hear all about it!!!