Friday 2 July 2010

Move over Canda, Gold Coast here we come!!

Hi All,

As you can see from the title and also from my facebook status I have finally made my decision . . .well actually Jaspers Paed made my decision.

I got Jaspers blood test results back and the Dr called to go through them with me, everything showed up as fine his iron, white blood cell count etc. However his Allergy test was slightly higher then it should be, which at this stage of his young life just means that he has an allergy . . .no idea to what yet but its nothing really bad or else he wouldn't be as happy and healthy as he is.
The slight allergy with the Laryngomalacia coupled with cold weather wouldn't make for a very happy healthy environment for my little man so the warm sunny weather here we come!

Of course there were a few other factors like money for medical expenses in a foreign country etc which came into it too :-))

This means I have tickets to cancel, accomodation to cancel and removelist quotes to get. I don't see the point of putting things into storage and paying for that I may as well just send it all over with us including my car.

Stay tuned for suburb research, housing research etc.

Anyone with cross country moving advice please leave me comments or anyone else who just wants to comment on this please do :-))

Love to All
Cara xo


4 comments:

lill said...

the gold coast isn't so far, maybe we could even visit. We chucked all our stuff in a container to come over here, even the car.

Stacey and Bernt said...

Yep, a container is the way to go. You can keep it around for storage (if you need to and there is room to put it at your new place) or you can sell it again. You buy them used and sell them used so I dont think you'd lose much money on it. We might even make a little money on ours, when we sell, as they are cheaper in Perth than in Tas.

Heather said...

Well I move every 6 months but i dont really know what you tell ya. Every move was different. One was paid for and we shipped everything because it was cross country in 72 hr notice. Another was an 8 hr drive and we rented a little trailer to tow behind us and packed about 10-15 boxes. This last time we flew 2 round trips and checked 6 bags each time, just totes not bags, it was cheaper to pay $25 for a checked bag then $50 for shipping with the post office.
as for packing, dont think how many boxes is this going to take to pack, think i only have 10 boxes what do i really want to take.
Hope that helps, good luck!
-h

Cazza said...

Thank you for all the comments Ladies!
Lill Yep its cheap enough for you to visit for sure, we can put all the kids in jaspers room and I will have a spare room for adults.
Thanks Stac I might look into the cost of a container . .wether I buy one or not I think I will container it over with the car in there.
Heather you would be the queen of moving for sure! I used to move a lot but have been in this place now for 5 years which I think is actually a record for me . .the longest in my whole life that I have lived in a house!!