Tuesday 8 April 2008

Amish People

Hi there All

I have to be quick, I am using a computer in the General Managers office of the hotel I am staying in here at Lancaster Country.

SO since I last wrote. . . . .

Cuba I didn't do much else at all, I just did a bit of walking around but not much, i was tired and hungry but no food to eat argghhhh

Sunday (yesterday for me) I got up very early at 5.10am ready for my shuttle to the airport which didn't turn up ggggrrrrrr so I grabbed a cab cause there was NO WAY i wanted to miss the flight!!!!
The flight and airport was all okay, you can still smoke everywhere in the airport over there which was a tad annoying however all was good even if we were half an hour late to leave for NO reason hehe

Got into DR and Anelys, Ernesto and the girls were waiting for me, they spent about an hour with me in between flights, luckily this time the line for meto check into my next flight wasn't long at all and i managed to avoid paying entry and departure fees too woohooo

A sad but quick good bye and I ran for my plane, okay so I left it a little late but i was not the last to board hehehe

Arrived in JFK about 7pm I think it was, cleared immigration and customs no problem, got to the other side of the airport and picked up my PT cruiser rental car that was a shock to see what car it was!!

Drove for 3.5hours or actually a little more . . . . wow it cost a lot to drive on the roads here, i think by the time I got here i had payed close to $15 for toles just to drive on some hwy's. I got into Lancaster and my GPS got a little confused, i finally gave up on it and just found myself a holiday inn, by then it was 12.30am and i was stuffed. . .

I would like to announce that I slept in a double bed last night this is the first time since I left home that I have slept in anything larger then a single!!!!!!!!

Switched on my mobile which felt oh so good, just as good as the bed . . . . okay well maybe.

Woke up this morning at 8.27am, had a nice egg and bacon breakfast here at the hotel before deciding to stay here for tonight as well.
I hit the streets of Lancaster Country and beyond in search of Amish, quilts, gifts ect . .

Today has been a lovely day all in all, I have bought lots of things, gone on a bugger ride, descovered lots about the amish comunity, though I would love to learn heaps more. Just had a late lunch early breakfast of Fried crispy chicken mashed potatoe, veg and followed by a local pie here called Shoefly pie YUM!

Not sure what I am going to get up to now, i might ask in reception what is around for things to do at night, though being a Monday ngith I am thinking not too much is on . . .

I did see a ghost tour in my guide book hehehe

Tomorrow I have got to get to the post office while I have a car and send myself a parcel home, especially after today. . . then I am not really sure where I am going to head to. . . I have the car till Wednesday when I head back to NY, seeing as I am leaving Thursday night.

Okay better get off this computer so the lovely kind man can have his office back. :-)

Love to All
Cara

PS. Thanks for all your kind thoughts, sms's, emails when I was sick and your continued reading of my holiday rants and thoughts.

No comments: