Wednesday 9 April 2008

2nd Day in Amish Country

Hi All

Just think soon you won't be having to read this anymore, then what will you be doing everyday!! :-P

I had a late start to my day as I got stuck into a book that I couldn't put down and didn't turn out the lights until 2am woops but hey I am on holidays!

After having some yummy french toast for breakfast and doing a few things online, i hit the road and just drove with no purpose or direction, it was fun. I ended up in Delaware which is aother state (I think) hehe
Drove back to my hotel via . . . WALLMART a huge one with food shopping as well as clothes and EVERYTHING. . . .now I know some of you will be rolling your eyes, but I was very mindful that I didn't have any more space for things so i only got a few little things that i wanted, including a bargin buy sweater which cost me $5 I have it on now :-)

I also bought a box to put the stuff that I was going to send home, however now I think I am just going to check it on my flight and pay the excess cause its actually cheaper i discovered.

Came back to the hotel to freshen up then went out for dinner to a place called Good and Plenty, it is oldstyle family dining where we all sit in long tables and they bring out food that we all share and just pass up and down the table YUM. There was crispy fried chicken, slices of fresh ham, fish, chicken pot pie (like a chicken noodle dish), mash potatoes, corn. . . . .I think i am forgetting some stuff. Then desert, jelly with peaches, a disgusting looking peanut butter pudding, shoefly pie, blueberry pie, and home made icecream . . .
NO one on our table could move and they were constantly asking if you wanted more and more aaahhh hehehe

I somehow got myself behind the wheel and came back to my room to relax and read the next book in the series :-)

Got up this morning about 8.30, had some breakfast and am waiting for some laudry to dry in the drier before i pack up my room and head on back to NY via a target that I spotted not far away.

So not long now and I head on home. . . .WOW it has kind of gone quickly and kind of not.

Love to All
Cara

PS. There are lots of pics of course, i will try and post some in NY.

No comments: